Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hidden Valentines

I got heart sequence stuck in the keyboard and can't get them out. I knew that stuff was dangerous! The keys still work so I've pushed them so DH won't see them - hence "Hidden Valentines"

On to my card.

Since the card does not lie flat, I've been experimenting with my tripod. Unfortunately, it's late so I don't have any natural light. The colours are all off. The card does not have any brown in it. The background colour is a lovely deep rose colour. All the DP is from a Costco pack my DH bought me for Christmas. The flower is chipboard that was given to my by a parent at my school who knew I papercraft. The organdy ribbon is Michaels. I used my heart Nesties and then stamped them with SU snowflakes to make them look lacy. This was serendipitous. I was using up scraps that had pink snowflakes on one side and loved the look. The sentiment comes from SU's Wonderful words and the confetti that has already gotten me in trouble has been floating around the house for years.

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Mojo Monday Week 124
Ildi Co's Creative Challenge #8 - Colour Challenge to use Pink, Red and White
Paper Sundae Challenge #3 - Valentines
Cute Daisy May Challenge - Pink and Neutral Valentine
The Pink Elephant Challenge #52 - All About Pink
Creative Card Crew Challenge #44 - Valentines

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely inspirational card, love all those hearts tumbling out of the envelope! lovely work, thank you for joining the CCC challenge this week linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty!! Thanks for joining in the TPE fun this week!!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card loving the hearts falling into the vellum envelope that is a great idea and also love that flower thank you for joining our challenge at Cute Daisy May

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - love the cascading hearts and the gorgeous scrolly sentiment. Thanks for joining in this week's CCC Challenge
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fantastic! I love the hearts and the envelope! So clever! Thanks for sharing it at CCC this week!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Christine, love the little envelope! Thanks for joining us over at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love the heart 'waterfall' effect, and the flower is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card, you have just given me a great idea, thanks for the inspiration (son, needs a card for a girl, he has not gone out with long, does not want any to cutsie....).....many thanks for joining us at CDM this week, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this! So cute with the little hearts coming out of the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, beautiful papers and love the little envelope. I got sequence in my keyboard on Sunday, got most out with the hoover but like your self had to shake a few further down lol. Get title lol.Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty - love the tumbling hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How neat! Love this! I would never have come up with anythng this creative! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card Christine! I love the overall feel of it and that velum envelope is to die for! Thanks for the tip on dp from Costco, will be searching for that. And good for you for playing with the Paper Sundaes and getting it in on time :-)

    ReplyDelete