To accept the award there are a few criteria and us teachers do love our criteria! We are to as a recipient of the award: thank the person who gave it to me, with a link to their blog, post the award, share three things about yourself, or things you like to do, then pass the award to five more people.
3 Things about Myself:
1. My first job was a research assistant at an entomology lab. I was given the job by a professor who wanted to promote women in science. My job interview was: "Do you like bugs?" My response was "Only if I can squish them!" I was to show up the following Monday. I then spent the next 3 summers washing bug traps, hiking forests and mapping infestations, and feeding colonies. It was awesome!
2. I'm a voracious reader. I will read anything. People will often laugh at the weird trivia I have. I read the local newspaper, the Economist, any genre of novel, science periodicals. If it is in print, I will read it. I may not agree with it or like it, but I will read it.
3. I love road trips - anywhere. This says something with two kids under 4 and a husband that hates to drive. But I just love getting in the car and going. I love all the stupid games and songs. I love picnics by the side of the road. I don't even mind Magical Mystery Tours as we call it when we get lost, as long as we have snacks in the car.
Picking 5 blogs to honour is difficult. I look at lots of challenge blogs each day. However, the few personal blogs I visit tend to be Canadian stampers that I met when I first started out on SCS and they have already been honoured. However, there are a few very inspirational blogs for me:
1. Susan Raihala aka Late Blossom of Simplicity - She is the reigning queen of CAS (clean and simple) cards. Her one layer cards are just amazing. Don't be fooled. Creating such clean and simple cards is a true art and extremely difficult. She is always inspirational and is very generous in providing techniques and advice.
2. Andrea of Impressions are Made - Andrea makes the most beautiful Tilda and Belles and Whistles cards. He colouring is amazing and she creates detailed and elaborate cards that I can only admire. Andrea is also very kind in her blogging commenting and I greatly appreciate her kind words.
3. Lorraine of Lorraine's Loft - Lorraine is an amazing card maker who belongs to I believe, 7 design teams! On top of all this beautiful creativity, Lorraine is very generous with her commenting and supportive of new crafters in blogland. Thank you.
4. Stef H of Glitterbabe Greetings - All I can say is this girl is FUNNY. If you need a pick me up or a smile. She is the go-to-girl for a read.
5. The Underground Teacher - Okay, not a crafting blog at all but it hits home to this teacher all the same. Very honest, very funny, well written and love all the extra photographs to emphasis the text.