Saturday, October 23, 2010

Holly Jolly Winter's Night


I am so happy with how this turned out. I am going to have to admit that pink is growing on me. The sketch came from this week's Stamping Bella challenge. I will definitely use this sketch again. It's so easy, crisp and clean. Since I am still working on getting caught up on my Hope You Can Cling To Challenges, I wanted to use pink. I had a brain wave to emboss the mitts with silver and paper piece it. Not usually my favourite technique but I love it when your ideas work out better than in your head. The picture does not do justice to the beautiful texture of the paper, embossing and Flower Soft to create the fuzziness on the pompom and edging of the hat. It just screams to be touched. I ended up making two of this card because I couldn't bear to give it away to strangers and not a friend see this.

The green paper is SU's Old Olive, stamped with the same colour ink using the background stamp from SU's Snowflake set. The DP is Eskimoo Kisses from Basic Grey. I picked it up after Christmas last year. The Snowflake punch is from Creative Memories and I can't believe how much use I'm getting out of this punch. It's probably my most used one.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Stamping Bella - Sketch for October 22nd's Bellarific Friday
Hope You Can Cling To - Felt It Up
Meljen's Designs - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Craftalicious - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenge
Christmas Cards All Year Long - Something Metallic
Lollipop - Winter Play
Dottie's World - Christmas
Delightful Challenges - Christmas
Mark's Finest Papers - Diecuts or Punches

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat and mittens with this beautiful Christmas designer paper. So lovely!
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends on our special anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card.. i love the eskimo kiss BG paper.. great colors :) i love it! Thank you for playing with us with the anything goes challenge at MelJens Designs this week! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I love the hat and mittens and that beautiful dp! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fABULOUS!!! This may be my alltime favorite of the cards I've seen you make, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very nice! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    what a lovely card, I love the colores, great job!

    Thanks you for joining Delightful Challenges,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. Thank you for joining our challenge. Good luck in the draw x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful hat and mittens backed by this fun BasicGrey paper!

    Thank you, Christine,for sharing this wonderful die cut design with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn,

    Thank you for pointing out the DP is BasicGrey. The title of the Paper is Eskimoo Kisses - my error.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete