Monday, November 1, 2010

Team Canada


Okay, I think I just rocked the guy card. A hard thing to do no less. The image is from Paperworks Co. - Zack, the Hockey Player. Every time I use this stamp, I think of my brother, which I think helps to keep these cards really grounded. He's a major hockey buff and hates anything remotely girly. Believe me, he'd let me know. I particularly love the sentiment, I found it on a list of hockey quotes. It fits his ego - what can I say... he black circle the sentiment is mounted on reminds me of a hockey puck, which just makes this card all the better.

The layout itself is from SCS303 challenge. Normally I wouldn't have added the twine - trying to keep this manly and all, but I am trying to finish off the last of my Hope You Can Cling To challenges. I was struggling with the one for twine until I found this is in the back of my stash. I think it was originally on a Starbucks mug I received for Christmas years ago.

Zac is coloured with Copics, I added the Canada to his helmet and the maple leaf. The maple leaf came from Kaboose.com. They have great crafts for kids and printables. I just shrunk the printables down in Word and then cut them out to fit. Hint: Colour the image first and then cut - this would have been soooo much easier. I always seem to do things the hard way!

The DP is from Cosmo Cricket, their Mitten Weather collection. Hope you enjoy him as much as I did making him.

Challenges this card meets:
Cards for Men - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Let's Punch It (Circles for the sentiment and its border)
Delightful Challenges - Circles
Incy Wincy - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - For the Boys
Papertake Weekly - Penny for the Guy
Simon Says Stamp - Punches (Circles for the sentiment and its border)

8 comments:

  1. What can I say... This is a fabulous Hockey image... Just adorable ! Thanks for joining the Paper Sundaes challenge this week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great man/boy card. They are always so hard to make. But you did a great job.I love it. :)) Thanks for joining DC.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cutie... I love your little hockey boy.. Thank you for playing along on Delightful Challenges! Huggles, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute hockey card! Thanks for playing along at Papertake Weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great funky card for a man. Thanks for joining in this week's Papertake Weekly
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card..Love the image and the colours and papers are fab....Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men....
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, cute image!
    Thanks for joining in our Blogoversary Challenge at OSCC!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and i just love that image :D Thanks for playing at LC

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete