Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let It Snow!


No snow here but I can hope! I was actually planning on pulling out my snowman stamps but opened this tin by mistake. (All my stamps are in DVD tins on Ezmount and I love it!) It just screamed at me not to close the lid.

To get the window effect, I stamped the Night of Navy cardstock first with my Heartfelt Creations Let It Snow background stamp and then cut out the oval with my Creative Memories oval cutter. I then positioned the navy cardstock over the white and stamped the Let it Snow right through the window onto the white with Brocade Blue. It looked a bit funny floating in the middle of the oval so I used the same ink and used the background stamp again to fill in the areas that were uninked, being careful to mask the edges of the card with scraps. The word snow is coloured with my SU Mellow Moss marker. I didn't want to use Copics because I was worried about the colour bleeding through. I chose green because the words remind my of a hedge row.

For embellishment, I stamped the three snowflakes in Versamark on Brocade Blue paper and then embossed in silver. They are cut out by hand since I don't have the Snowflake Wonder Shapeabilities. That is next on my wishlist. The snowflakes are then popped up using some scrap Ezmount. Who needs to buy pop up dots?

I was all finished and posting this when I decided that it just didn't look finished. I decided to add some fun flock to the top of the word snow and base. The result is a very textured card. It may not be the most elegant one I've ever made but I find that guys especially love the cards with texture and I make a lot of cards for guys!

Challenges this Card Meets:
Joan's Gardens - Card using only Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies
7 Kids College Fund - Non-traditional Christmas colours (Blue, white and silver)
Bizzy Bec's - Christmas
Cards For Men - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - The Blues

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous.. thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs. Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Christine. Love the blues & your snow on the lettering.
    Thanks for joining us for Bizzy Becs December challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Christine. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Joan's Gardens challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the way youve done the snow on th word. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card is beautiful. I love the navy and the green together. Nice contrast.

    Your card is beautiful. Great job on the coloring of your snowman. He is so cute!

    We are so glad you joined us in this week's #25 fun challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete