Monday, June 27, 2011

Ribbon Ornament


I got this idea from Susan aka Lateblossom's blog post, "Way to use Ribbon Scraps". I really wanted to try to do a tree but didn't have a variety of green ribbon. I seem to have an inordinate amount of pink instead. For someone who doesn't "do" pink, I really seem to have a lot of it.

I started with my white layer and cut out the ornament shape using my largest heirloom ornament Nestie and stamped the sentiment . I then cut a large piece of score tape that would fit this space. I started with the widest ribbon and worked up and down from there. Once, I had layered on the ribbons onto the score tape, I adhered that to the white top layer. At this point I adhered the top layer to the cherry cobbler base.

I showed it to a friend and complained about my lack of green ribbon and she just looked at my scrap pile and asked why I didn't use paper. DUH! Stay tuned for that attempt soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment