Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to Hogwartts

Can you tell I loved the Harry Potter series? This is my second post based on the books in less than a month. I couldn't help myself. When I saw this cute image from Digi My World, our sponsor this week, I just had to make a bookmark out of it. I know one of my students will love it come September.

This is a really scrappy project. The DP is from my Costco pack that I will never finish. The paper for Harry was a scrap. The foil stars were from the liner of a Christmas card. The eyelet was from a package being thrown out at my school since no one on staff had a tool to use them. (SCORE!) The ribbon was from an old wedding favour.

I'm sorry the photo looks a little small. It's because the bookmark is only a fraction larger than the bookmarks you buy in a bookstore. Boy was Harry hard to colour at that size! The stars were really a happy coincidence. I needed something to cover the orange streak I made when I dropped my orange copic when I was putting on the finishing touches of Headwig's beak and talons.

I do hope you'll join us at For Fun Challenges this week. Anything goes, my favourite topic!

Challenges this Card Meets:

No comments:

Post a Comment