Friday, September 30, 2011

Wine Tags





I've had this idea for a while now but needed to get some special jewelery making tools.  I have a friend who loves throwing big parties and the wine glasses getting mixed up is always a bit of a confusion.  This way we'll always know whose is whose!  I think I'll make her several sets.  Thankfully the Heartfelt Creations set that this ornament came with also has several different shaped ornaments that I can play with.  I also have a set of snowflake medallions that would work just as perfectly.

These tags are also part of my Heartfelt Creations design team application.  Wish me luck!   I've added my instructions below in case you are interested in trying this out.

Materials:

HCPC 3337 Fancy Ornament Precut Set

Silver jewelery findings

Silver jewellery chain (2 inches of chain per charm)

Shrinky Dinks Shrinkable Plastic for computer inkjet printers

Stazon Ink

Copic markers

Special Tools:


Wire cutters

Needle nose pliers (2 pairs)

Oven

Instructions:


Stamp the ornament with Stazon ink onto the Shrinky Dink plastic.  (Please note:  Other types of ink will smear.)  Cut out the image.  Turn the image wrong side up and colour with your copics on the BACK of the image.  (Using copics with Stazon will damage your nibs.)  The lines are easily visible in good light.  Stamp the same ornament image on top of your colouring.  Punch a hole in the top of the image for the chain.  Place on a clean cookie tray and bake in the oven at 275 °F (135 °C) for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool.  Attach a silver finding (a circle of silver) through the loop of your ornament charm.  Loop the desired length of chain through the charm’s finding.  Attach the clasp at one end of the chain and a finding at the other.  Your wine charm is now ready to be attached to a wine glass.

 Challenges this Project Meets:

Do You Stack Up - Swirls
Fussy and Fancy - Try a New Technique (wine tags, using shrinky dink, jewelery making, reverse stamping)
Paper Sundaes - Anyting Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! Good luck with the DT call. I have some of this shrinkadink stuffs but have not used it yet! Thanks for giving me a shove to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER! This is such a wonderful idea, and a fabulous work you've done here. I love them! Thanks for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck - both at F&F and at the DT application. Lisbeth K

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO what great idea. I'm sure your friend will love these. Thanks for the great step by step instructions and for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea, I wish I threw more parties so I could make these! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I love this idea. You could have all kinds of sets. Great work!!
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat project! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Swirls Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

    ~Heather
    Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous, I love how they turned out!!! You will have to show me how you did the chain thing :-)

    ReplyDelete