Friday, June 8, 2012

April in Paris


Take a look at that lovely pink background.  It's not DP.  That's 1/2 inch scraps white, sponged with Distress Inks and then layered at a 45 degree angle.  The white DP was thick but not of the highest quality so it took the ink slightly unevenly, which created a lovely texture.  It is also why I have much of those scraps.  I'm now dying to try this technique using blues and greens.

The image is from Paper Makeup.  I bought a tons of their stamps when they were going to switch completely over to digital.  I love all their sentiments and was so gutted that they were going to stop carrying rubber.  Anyways, as per usual, when they arrived, I used one and then they got put away.  At first I wasn't sure if I liked the Eiffel Tower because it is deliberately not a sharp image to show it's in the background.   Now it's growing on me.  I know my sister would love this card.  She loves anything about Paris.

The sentiment came from Mark's Finest Papers.  I love that their sentiments stamp so crisp and I can see where it is going on the page.

Challenges this Card Meets:
An Oldie but a Goodie - Anything Goes (The image and sentiment are a year and half old.)
GE-We Hobby - Make a Pastel Birthday Card for a Lady
Creative Card Crew - Song Inspired: April in Paris by Frank Sinatra
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful card Thanks for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute...wonderful song theme...I love the Eiffel tower in the background! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea

    ReplyDelete