Sunday, August 19, 2012

16 Candles


Well, not really, there's only two on the card but you get the idea.  Today's card was inspired by the Sketch with a Twist Challenge on Speedy TV but I changed it up a bit.  I included the sentiment on the "ribbon" rather than separately below the candles.  It would have been too crowded otherwise.  I used some left over denim from a birthday banner I had made for the banner in the card.  The sentiment and small cupcakes are from some rub-ons that were given to me.  I wish I had been able to space them out better.  I figured out after I started I needed to cut out the rub-ons so that the others didn't smear.  Grrr.  Live and learn.  The nice thing about experimental birthday cards like this is I go through a ton of them with my two little boys' friends and little kids are not fussy.  Of course they often don't even look at the card so it can be a mixed blessing.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Speedy TV's Sketch with a Twist
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Birthday Photo Inspiration (The cupcake pops)
Papertake Weekly - Spots and Stripes
Sentimental Sunday - Banner or Pennant
Totally Papercrafts - Inspired by a Song (Happy Birthday to You)
Tuesday Throwdown - Sweet Treats

6 comments:

  1. So Sweet! Love Your Yummy paper pieced cupcake and the fun addition of the candles too! Very CUTE!8-) So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love the two candles on there, I will be casing that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute, and I love that you used real birthday candles. Thanks for playing along in the Sketch With a Twist Challenge on Speedy TV. I love your art, and enjoy having you play along. Hope to see more of your darling creations!
    Blessings,
    Karen L, Hostess
    Sketch With a Twist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, love the candles on it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the candles added to it...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to scraplift the candle idea. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Good luck and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete