Sunday, September 9, 2012

An Apple for the Teacher


Happy New (School) Year!  I love the start-up of school.  I enjoy putting up the paper and setting up the room.  I love getting out all the new school supplies and meeting the students.  I love finding out about their summer and seeing how they've grown.  Somehow the glow tends to wear off in about 2 weeks to a month but there is always so much hope and promise in the first few weeks.

I'm playing with my new Bella stamp.  I normally wouldn't have sponged the background of the image but I managed to drop a brown Copic marker just as I was finishing colouring and I didn't want to start over or throw away my effort.  I cropped much of the mistake off with my Nestie, softened what was left with my blender pen and then sponged over top.  I'm hoping no one will notice if I don't tell.  Shhh!  Don't rat me out!  I didn't have a "Welcome" or "Welcome back" sentiment and went hunting.  I thought it was an absolute score when I found this "Happy New Year" sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers.  It was with the Pussywillows set.  Will probably send this to our librarian.  She is amazing!  I love to acknowledge all the people that help me so much during the school year.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Friends of Speedy TV - Back to School
Crafty Creations - Back to School
Critter Sketch - Back to School
Milk Coffee - Back to School
One Stop Craft - No Floral Embellishment
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Back to School

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card. I would have never known you dropped a Copic if you hadn't told. :-) The librarian will be sure to appreciate this card. Thanks for joining us again at FOSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute.love the embossing and cute colored image.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee stamps back to school challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous back to school creation, love the image, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a great image and you did a fab job colouring it! Enjoy the freshness of the new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great back to school card Christine. Great embossing folder - love the image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete