Saturday, September 22, 2012

Season of the Witch


Here's a card that I've been thinking about for a couple of days.  I decided I wanted to try one of Michelle Zindorf's tutorials.  I tried her Graveyard Tutorial because I liked the colour of the night sky.  She writes wonderfully clear tutorials with great photographs.  It was easy enough to follow, although all my work was done with sponging since I don't have a brayer.  I also substituted Distress Inks for Stampin' Up colours when I was close enough since my little spots just are not that juicy.  I do need more practice with the technique but am really happy with the end result.  I would do a darker green for the ground next time since I think the "land" is a bit soft and fades into the horizon. 

The sentiment, witch and pumpkin are from Inkadinkadoo's "All Hallow's Eve" and the tree was from Mark's Finest Papers' "A Walk in the Woods."  The bats are a Martha Stewart punch.  I had really wanted to add my new rickety fence stamp with a little black cat but I couldn't find it.  Isn't that so frustrating when you know you have the perfect accent and simply can find it to use?

The card itself is quite large, 5.25 * 7.5 inches.  I was trying to keep it 5 x 7 but I didn't like  the way the tree and pumpkin looked like they were floating so I added the banner.  

Here's the inside of the card.  I normally don't decorate the interior but since this is such a large card, it definitely needed something.  These images are also from "All Hallow's Eve."

Challenges this Card Meets:
Speedy TV's Sketch with a Twist - Use Primary and Secondary Colours Colours
Stamping with the Dragon - Fall Colours
Stamptacular Sunday - Less is More

4 comments:

  1. Christine
    Great job. I think you did a bang up job.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card, and your sponging looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Love this card and the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on winning the blog hop, check my blog for details!!!

    ReplyDelete