Monday, January 21, 2013

Mama, Do You Love Me?


I love the book Mama, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Jaroosse.  I collect what I call, "I Love You" picture books and this is one of my favourites.  The story is about an Inuit girl that is asking her mother about what are the limits of her mother's love.  In one line, she asks her mother what would happen if she became a polar bear and chased her mother into her tent.  Mom replies that she would be surprised and scared but that she would still love her.  When I saw this image, it just reminded me of the story.  I chose to print the last line of the book as the sentiment in the card:


I will love you,
forever and for always,
Because you are my Dear One.

As soon as I saw this image of the polar bears I knew what I wanted to do with this card.  It was originally a Christmas card that was given to my mother.  I stole it after the holiday to repurpose it.  This card will be one of the Valentine's for one of my DS's lunch. I often have several valentines that I hide throughout the day for the kids and DH.  We don't give each other gifts but cards and little surprises.  We usually watch a sappy movie together just for fun.  What are your family Valentine traditions?



No comments:

Post a Comment