Thursday, March 14, 2013

E.T. Phone Home


This little alien has been sitting on my dining room table for far too long.  I had originally coloured about 5 of them for a swap over a year ago and then decided to go with a different image.  He's been waiting for bast-off since them.  It's had to see but I put Crystal Effects on the cock pit to give it that glassy effect.  I was inspired to play with him after seeing the cue card on the CASology Challenge this week to use extraterrestrials.  I will try for a more true Clean and Simple look next.  Right now this card was being called to be made though.  The DP is from Bo Bunny.  I bought all the sheets I could get from my local scrapbook store.  The layout is from Feeling Sketchy #50.

The card will be going to one of DS's little friends this weekend.

Challenges this Card Meets:
CASology - Extraterrestrial 
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - 1,2,3, I used 1 image, 2 DP and 3 Layered stars as an embellishment.
Victorine Originals - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - For the boys featuring technology or gadget
Use it Tuesday - Diecuts, Punches and Cutouts

18 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely fantastic! I love the little alien in the spaceship, how cute♥ Everything about this is eye-catching, I'm sure your DS's little friend will love it. Thanks for joining Feeling Sketchy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love what u have done with this weeks sketch! Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! LOVE the amazing bold and bright tones you used--perfect for a boy card! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this image - it's so fun! I love all the bright colours you've chosen - this will definitely bring a smile to the recipient's face! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and all the bright colours, my son would adore this.
    Thanks for joining us at CCM this week. Jules :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad he finally got to blast off! This is such a sweet image and I love the patterned papers, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love the bright colours... and the little alien is a cutie!! Thanks for joining us at CCM this time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Christine. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun papers for this weeks cur card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright primary colours and the Crystal Effects is a great touch! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card Christine I love everything about it.
    Thanks got playing @ feeling sketchy this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, colorful card for a child! I like the little UFO with bling on it, and the papers with stars and planets are perfect for this "out of space" themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love how bright it is. Thanks for playing along with my masculine theme at craft cardmakers challenge this week.

    Rebecca x

    http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a bright, fun card. The image is really sweet and I really love the papers you've used.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I forgot all about this little stamp. I still have it in my stash. I'm so glad to see it on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super fun card!
    Thanks for playing along at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges
    <3 Pam PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bright and funky card! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! Thanks for digging out that old image and playing along with us at UIT!

    ReplyDelete