Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Big Shot Bit It!


This is my second card for this week's Sketch with a Twist.  I used the new Lotus Blossom stamp and sentiment.  I really like that sentiment.  Anyways, the twist is to use distressing and I was worried that many of you wouldn't notice that I distressed the edges of white panel that I had stamped with MFP's Background Fun set.  It doesn't get much more clean and simple than this unless you go one layer.  I used Pacific Point and clear, heat embossed the image.  It looks so watery in real life.  I just coloured the lilypad leaf and the lotus blossom seeds with my Copics.  My secondary colour is Wild Wasabi, which currently seems to be my favourite colour but that might be because of all the wedding cards I've been doing recently.
By the way, I want you to appreciate the die cutting on the card.  My Big Shot has finally bit it.  It completely froze.  The handle will not turn. It's 5 years old, well past the warranty and used ALOT.  I've gone through two sets of plates.  Please remember that as a teacher and parent, I make over 100 Valentine's a year at an average of 3 diecuts per Valentine.  I've done 4 sets of wedding stationary, school calendar sets, and practically every card I make uses a die cut.  To make a long story short, I took the entire machine apart.  Cleaned out the rollers, oiled the cogs and the handle, reassembled it and I just barely got this card made.  DH, who is truely amazing, ran out to the LSS and ordered me a new one the next day.  Another customer was shocked.  She told him that: 1) her husband didn't know this store existed; 2) wouldn't know what to call the machine to ask for it; 3) wouldn't know what a wonderful gift it was; 4) would struggle with the expense.  I am so blessed.  I didn't even ask.  I was going to try and fix the one I have.

1 comment:

  1. Great hubby! Good prioritization :-) How can a girl have happy crafty card making time without the basic tools!

    ReplyDelete