Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Thank You Cards


My brother is getting married next month.  They have chosen the Seattle Seahawks colours for the wedding:  Lime Green, Navy and White.  I'm in the process of making 50 of these cards with printed envelopes, stamps and mailing labels for everyone from whom I can get addresses.  The bride didn't sent out invitations, only an email link to a web invite for everyone so there is no list of all the mailing addresses.  Hopefully this will make thank yous a little easier.

The idea for this card was inspired by RBright found here on Splitcoaststampers.  I really liked the straight lines and the circle medallion around the Elegant Thank You (Stampin' Up, retired).   I couldn't get my circle cutter to make a nice layers around the white and none of my Nesties fit.  I then found this medallion Nestie that was a bit small but I really liked how it looked peeking out from behind the sentiment.

The card base is Gina K's Luxury white.  The green panel is Wild Wasabi and I used a CraftsToo embossing folder for the flowers.  The blue ink and paper is Night of Navy.  I also put two small half pearls on the sentiment.

Hopefully she will like them enough to actually use the cards.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Crazy for Challenges - Let's Get Wordy (Focus on the Sentiment)
Creative Corner - Many Thanks (Is fifty enough?)
One Stop Craft - Anything Goes
PaperTake Weekly - Old, New, Borrowed and Blue (Old - The Sentiment, New - The Navy Cardstock, Borrowed - The mailbox I used to have the White Cardstock delivered, Blue - The Ink for the sentiment.)  Yeah!  I did all four!

2 comments:

  1. simple and stunning...great card

    thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges

    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I love the elegance your card gives!
    Thank you for playing with us at Creative Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete