Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Pirate Says "Arrr"



I am super happy with this card.  The pirate image is the tag from a party piñata.  I find that parents of kiddie parties are always willing to give me leftover napkins, tags, paper table clothes if you are willing to help cleanup.  Since I picked up all the piñata mess, I just kept the tags.  I think I got 3 or 4.  The flag is a leftover wood one from DS's party.  I didn't think the Jolly Roger was an appropriate image for the thank you cards.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I used "Treasure Map Deadhand" for the font. It was the font I used for everything for DS's party.  The background is in Real Red and I'm sorry I don't know who the DP is from.  It's great because of the harlequin effect that mashes 2 maps together so you get the effect of the map without people focusing on where it is.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Creatalicious Challenges - For the Boys
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Totally Paper Crafts - Favourite Colours (Red, any combination as long as there is lots of scarlet red)
Tuesday Throwdown - Use Your Scraps - All the red, including the base came from my scrap pile, the white banner and the Jolly Roger Flag was a lone leftover of DS's party.)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card!! Thanks for joining in the "For the Boys" challenge this month at Creatalicious!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really creative to use some left overs to make a wonderful card like this. Loving the DP you have used.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete