Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Loving Lotus Blossoms


When I saw Angela's sketch this week on Sketch with a Twist with the twist to use fancy borders, I immediately thought of these.  They come from a Chinese New Year banner than I had bought for my classroom and then found out later that they were more appropriate for a business.  They are so pretty with the red cloth and gold appliqué that I couldn't throw them out.  It's been sitting in my "I'll get around to it" pile since February.  I was a little stumped on how to bring it all together but I really liked this image from the new Koi Fish set and decided to make the lily pad green as my base.  Once that was settled, it all seemed to fall together.    The sentiment is from the same set.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Sketch with a Twist - Fancy Borders
Cute Card Thursday - Pretty Ribbons (my borders)
Glitter and Sparkle - Add some Metal
Loves Rubber Stamps - Show Fall Colours (Red, Yellow, Green, Gold) even if the image is not fallish


No comments:

Post a Comment