Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cold, December Night



Vicki is our new hostess on MFP's Sketch with a Twist.  This week we're making holiday cards.  I've been making Christmas cards all year and have managed to give most of them away.  I still don't have enough for this year.  How does this happen?

Back to my card.  I enjoyed playing with my decal Spellbinders.  After creating the main panel, I left it in the Spellbinder and used my pencil to outline the inside edge.  Once this was done, I used my gold Sharpie to create the border.  I was surprised by how successful this was and at the cost of good gold DP, it's a great option to keep costs down.  The image and sentiment are from Christmas Cardinals.  The ribbon are two pieces of scrap.  The embossed panel is Real Red.  

Hopefully, a few more cards and I'll be ready for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Christine. Great tip for outlining the cutout with the gold Sharpie!

    ReplyDelete