Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sweet Baby Mine



Our challenge today on Simple Salutations is to make a baby card.  Fantastic, I actually need about 6 of these in the next few months.  Slight problem.  My only baby stamp is from 6 years ago when my own DS was born and I thought I'd have time to make birth announcements.  Ha Ha!

I decided to go the onesie route.  My little guy card was inspired by my little guy.  He likes to put his sunglasses on and then tell me "Cool Dude".  It just popped into my head when I saw the little snowflake from MFP's Calendar set and I smiled.  Perfect!

I couldn't just stop at one so I started looking at the other images for a little girl card and the cupcake called to me.  Once I found the template, it was so easy to make a second.  I found a template here and printed the PDF at seventy-five percent.  The hardest part was positioning my text and sizing it.  I had to print three tests before I was happy.  Both cards use images from MFP's Calendar set.  My boy card is shaped and will fit a standard invitation envelope.

My good white cardstock won't go through my printer without leaving horrible ink blotches so I used my marker paper which is quite thin.  For this reason, once I cut it out, I decided to mount it on some SU card stock.  I think it's Perfect Plum but I'm not totally sure.  I did choose to keep the two layers on the onesie though to give the front and back effect of a real onesie.

I'm tempted to take the idea from the girl card, make it into a 5 x 7 card and make the onesie into a tag which would hold the gift card.  I could then write in the card like normal.  Stay tuned to see if I can follow through...

Challenges this Card Meets:
Card Mania - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
Creative Creations - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs - Anything Goes
Lexi Creations - Anything Goes
Loves to Scrap - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Oldie but Goodie - New Beginnings (Oldie is the rhinestones)


1 comment: