Thursday, June 12, 2014

Our Pet, Rex



I'm hosting a challenge on Splitcoaststamper's Virtual Stamp Night.  The challenge is to create a card and story about a truly fantastical summer vacation.  Here's my story...

My DS loves dinosaurs so for our summer vacation we took him to Drumheller, Alberta to search for dinosaur fossils. Well, unbeknownst to me, he found a dinosaur egg fossil and slipped it into his pocket. (You aren't supposed to take them but he's young and is fascinated with all kinds of rocks.) He carried his new favourite rock in his pocket all summer long. On the Labour Day long weekend, we were in Oosoyoos, B.C. (Canada's only micro-desert area) and while the kids were at the beach with daddy, I thought it was the perfect time to do some laundry. I pulled his rock from his jean's pocket to wash the jeans and low and behold, the rock started to crack. Out popped a Tyrannosaurus, who now thinks I'm his mommy. I can't begin to tell you how much this is costing me in chuck cuts and you don't want to know what cleaning up after him is like! Our new "pet" won't be staying long but the boys are having fun playing fetch with "Rex" for now.


The card follows this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  The DP is from my Costco set from DH.  The dino is drawn by Dustin Pike and the stamp itself was released by Paper Makeup.  The birthday medallion is from Stampendous.

This was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment