Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Christmas in July


It's hot and this card helped me to think cool thoughts.  I'm not sure how well it worked but I had fun.    I enjoyed this because it allowed me to use up a lot of the miscellaneous rhinestones that seem to be floating in my collection at the moment.  A few more cards using this new tree image and I'll be well on my way to cleaning up some of my embellishment stash.

This week's challenge on MFP's Sketch with a Twist is to use Ribbons and Pearls.  I confess, I put on all the rhinestones and was congratulating myself when I went back and re-read the instructions.  Uh-oh, I can fix this.   That's when the pearls went on the corners.  The ribbon is the red scarf on the snowman; again more scraps.   

Stamps:  MFP's Please Snow
Papers:  Pacific Point, Primrose Petals, unknown DP scrap, Gina K's luxury white
Accessories:  Scrap of red ribbon, half pearls, rhinestones of various colours and shapes.
Diecuts:  Spellbinders Star Nestabilities (used to make the banner points)
Punches:  Corner Rounder on my paper cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment