Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Sunshine


I'm really loving the whimsical look of this sun image.  It's from Sun and Moon, released this month from Mark's Finest Papers.  I really wish you could see the shimmer on the chipboard stars and the ribbon, stars and lips on the sun.  It looks beautiful in real life rather than splotchy.

The challenge this week on MFP's Sketch with a Twist is to use chipboard.  I was really struggling with this since I have planes, houses, briefcases, and old Buick looking cars.  I just wasn't feeling the love.  I decided to do faux chipboard and double layered my cereal box with white paper over top so I could use my big Sizzlix stars die.  It worked like a charm.  Now I'm thinking I may need to get more of the large Sizzlix dies.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you used the sun stamp and the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete