Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Swinging Christmas



This week's challenge on MFP's Simple Salutations is to make a card with something that has wings. I looked at all my sets and despite loving the idea of LateBlossom's Use Your Stamps Challenge, I reached for my favourite set, Cardinals.  I will be so gutted when it retires.

This card was my first attempt at a swing card.  Let's just say I learned lots.  I had to do it twice because I centred the die-cut on the wrong fold.  Also I love to be able to write on my cards.  Next time I think I would choose to use patterned paper that allowed me to write over top of it.  That big space on the right is begging to be used for more writing but that may just be my own personal bias.  I know my family loves cards with "play" value to them, especially the guys.


Challenges this Card Meets:
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas for October
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for October
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Animals
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Things with Wings
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - O is for Owl
Shopping Our Stash - Something for my Sweetheart (a Valentine)
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. This is very nice! I always love seeing swing cards-fantastic job. I have yet to try to do one myself. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swing card. I must try and see if I can create one of these. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for October

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fold, Christine! Love the plaid paper even if you couldn't write on it very well. :-D I want to thank you for choosing Through the Craft Room Door as one of your challenges this week. Good luck and come play with us again soon, won't you?
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for October and my Patterned Paper October challenge - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete