Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Witch is In


This week's Sketch with a Twist is to make a Halloween card.  When I saw this new set from MFP's called Witchie, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  This card is going to my teaching partner.    She likes to joke that I cackle instead of laugh and my inner witch is close to the surface this time of year.  Of course I always dress as a witch to school for Halloween so that might have something to do with it.  My costume is quite elaborate with spider cocktail rings, large spider earrings, boots, web a lace shawl with spider brooches to hold it in place.  I just know she'll get a kick out of this.

This is one of those cards where it seemed so simple in my head but the paper piecing got away from me.  The patterned paper seemed awesome for the dress but all the details were lost because it was so dark so then I started paper piecing in the blue to layer on top.  Wow, that was more fussy cutting than I was originally planning but I do like how it turned out.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Artistic Inspiration Challenge - Anything Spooky
Craft Hoarder's Anonymous - Layer it (10 layers deep on the witch's clothes)
Melonheadz Friends - Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment