Saturday, January 3, 2015

Crazy Quilts or Just Plain Crazy


I am super excited.  I am now creating for MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge.  This week the topic is to make a patchwork background.  I personally love crazy quilts so I chose to make that as my background.  I'm currently in the process of making a denim one from my kids cast-off denim.  The possibilities for embellishment is endless and very fun.

This card uses up lots of scraps from one of my Mind's Eye 6 x 6 pads.  One of my new year's resolutions is to use up some of my designer paper and I'm almost done with this set.  I used MFP's Snowflakes for the image and the sentiment is from MFP's Fall Apples.  I don't think you can see it in the image but I embossed both with sparkly embossing powder and it looks so beautiful in real life.  Both are also popped up on a bit of recycled rubber just for some visual interest.

I'm tempted to play again - there are so many beautiful quilting patterns.  I love nine blocks and wonky log cabins.  I hope you'll join us!




3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. The sparkly embossing is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your patches! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the purple colors and designs of your patchwork card! So very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete