Friday, January 9, 2015

Snowflakes Upon Snowflakes


This card was so much fun.  I haven't tried this technique before but I will so play with this again.  It's this week's challenge on Speedy Fox and Friends challenge to layer die cuts on the base and to then emboss them.  I inlaid the snowflakes onto the navy background because of their detail.  I was afraid they tear or warp.  Then I embossed the panel with a snowflakes embossing folder.  It's so pretty.  I used the sentiment from MFP's Brrrr set.  The card looks a bit dark but the navy, silver and white is so crisp.  I love the simple elegance although I wished I had moved the bottom snowflake to the right a bit.


7 comments:

  1. I love the blue and the embossing is wonderful great card.....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I Love snowflakes and snowmen. Hate hate hate snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Chris. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card done with the technique! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,
    Very pretty and elegant. I like the navy/white combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowflake card; love the deep navy with the silver and white

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel exactly the same way abt this technique.....I just LOVE it. Love your pretty snowflakes with the snowflake dry embossing overtop. Gorgeous.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete