Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Neon Snowman


This week's Inspiration Challenge is neon signs.  I loved the look of them and it reminded me of an art project that I like to do with my students.  In class we use runny glue to "draw" a picture and then fill it in with chalk pastels.  This time, I inked my stamp in Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder before colouring it in.  I couldn't find my spray sealer so I used hairspray.  I did have to do two layers of the white to make it as bright as I liked but other than that, it was super easy and lots of fun.  I love how bright it turned out.  I think it mimics the signs well, don't you think?   Both the image and the sentiment come from MFP's Brrrr set.  Why don't you pick a picture to inspire you?

 




3 comments:

  1. Christine this is so cute!!! Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Christine I am sorry that Inspirational Challenge is gone ...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun take on the challenge! I love the chalkboard look, and what a cute little snowman that is! Great card!

    ReplyDelete