Friday, August 23, 2019

Forest Friends

I needed a super quick card for my cousin's son.  He's turning four and he wanted a "Forest Friends" theme for his party.  Why do I never plan my cards in advance?  I make them but so rarely remember to sign and give them if I am organized in advance.  I wasn't sure what I had in my stash that would work but after much frantic searching, I found this image I had never used from Mark's Finest Papers.  I struggled with the colouring because the image is in no way atomically correct and so I struggled with how to translate the shading from the images I looked up.  I used MFT's sketch 448.  It thankfully hides the smudges at the top of the card as well as gives it some visual interest.  Bonus was that it allowed me to continue to work on my scrap pile.  All the sentiments came from Stampin' Up!  And yes, I had to run back for it but he did get his card.


No comments:

Post a Comment