Friday, May 8, 2020

For the Nurses


I know it might be hard to tell from the photo but these are 20 headbands made from jersey fabric to be used by our local nurses as ear savers.  The buttons go right behind the ears and the elastics from their masks can be hooked on the buttons.  Information about the headbands can be found here.

This was an interesting project because I had never worked with jersey before.  It's challenging because of the the stretch. That's why I needed to use the zigzag stitch.   The fabric was intended to be used as a summer maxi dress for me but since the goal was to practice using jersey, this seemed like a better use of the fabric.

The buttons make me smile.  While each headband has different buttons, they do match on the headbands themselves.  I took some from my grandma's button collection, some from my mom's friend's collection and some from my classroom collection.

1 comment:

  1. What a great project to do something for our community and front line workers.

    ReplyDelete