Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Mine


The image is a Bildmalarna Baby image that I really enjoyed playing with my copics for this card but you can see that I'm limited in colours. Normally I wouldn't dream of a green giraffe; I tend to be very literal but it was the only colour I had enough markers to shade in. As it was, the bear is coloured with SU markers.

The outside edges of my image panel was outlined with stickles. I love glitter! The DP is stamping up and the lace was part of my grab bag but I know it came from one of the local fabric stores. I don't normally use lace but I love how it balanced this card. The challenge this month at Paper Jewels is fancy border so I'm going to use the lace to enter. Don't you love it when you just create and it fits?

It's a good thing I'm starting to swap some of my boy cards for girls - I seem to have a lot of trouble using pink. Maybe I'd be more successful making generic baby cards. Let me know if you are getting bored of them. I seem to do more baby cards than birthday cards these days.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I sure do love that lace!! Thanks for playing along at Paper Jewels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Christine, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! I love your coloring and that sentiment is over the moon!
    Thanks for playing along at Paper Jewels this week!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete