Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Repaid in Diapers


I was given these diaper punches as part of an image swap. I loved the teddy bears, the bottles, the hearts, the carriages, the ducks but wasn't sure what to do with the diapers. They aren't usually something that you celebrate when you get a new baby. I then saw this sentiment on Splitcoaststampers and put in the back of my mind that it would make a good card but didn't put 2 and 2 together for months! Now my cousin is having his first baby and I wanted a card that would appeal to him as a new daddy. Hope this works! I would have preferred not to have flowers as the background but it is the only folder I have from Crafts-Too which I love because it is large enough to use as a one layer on standard cards.

Yes, I used "spelt" instead of "spelled." Both are considered correct. "Spelt" is the English (British) form which I chose because DH is English and being Canadian myself, I choose to keep the traditional spelling. "Spelled" is the American form of the word. I know it seems picky but given the fact that the card is going to a teacher, the devil is in the details.

If anyone knows who I can credit the sentiment to, please leave me a comment. I haven't been able to find the card in which to link.

2 comments:

  1. So cute, such a fun card, like these simple and catchy ones you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness, this is crackin me up!! Too funny!! He is going to get a kick out of it. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete