Friday, August 20, 2010

Which Witch?


I was just talking to a friend today about how we are starting to see Halloween cards and we were both still in summer mode. It must have put a bee in my bonnet because as soon as she left, I was digging through my stash to play with my Halloween Bella. Of course, having just got the pumpkin Nesties this week, I was in the mood to play with them. (I love being a teacher and having an excuse to buy the fun shapes!)

The image is coloured with a mix of Copics and SU markers. Bella was pre-stamped and looked very stark on the white paper so I distressed the edges with a kitchen knife and inked the edges with my versafine ink. I then sponged black and pumpkin pie ink around the image to create a softer, dusky background. The patterned paper are scraps from Bo Bunny an the brad is unkown. I got it as part of a thank you basket from the LSS when I found the owner's stolen car when out for a walk last summer. Why on earth would you steal a car that has the owner's phone number on the back window?

The card is for Stamping Bella's sketch this week. This is the third week of their design team call challenge. Wish me luck. I was very lucky to win $10 last week for commenting. Thanks Em! There is a new Christmas image that came out this month that has my name on it. Well, several of them if the truth be known...

Other Challenges this card meets:
Stamp Something - Fairy Tale (Many of them have a witch!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! That's one of my favorite Bellas, and your colouring looks fabulous :-)
    Now i guess I'm going to have to start Halloween cards too LOL!

    ReplyDelete