Sunday, September 26, 2010

Coffee with Friends


One of life's little luxuries, at least for me, is being able to sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and just catch up in person with friends without interruption. Everyone is so busy and babies need their mommies. Somehow, when asked to make a friendship card, I gravitate to images of coffee and tea.

I love this image by Elizabeth Bell. It was part of the Sugar Nellie, Sweet Ebony collection but I don't know if it's available now. I received some images as part of my Express Image Swap last year and I liked them so much, I never coloured them. Yes, that sounds silly to me too. But I was afraid to use them all up or worse, make a mistake. However, I started cleaning my craft area and have two kiddie shoeboxes of images. I don't think I'll run out any time soon!

The girl was coloured with copics weeks ago when I had lost my mojo. I then outlined the nestie with Frosted Lace Stickles. The paper is from my stash. I've had it for years and liked is so much that I never used it. Can you spot a theme here? The ribbon was recycled from gifts.

Blogging is awesome! After writing about how flowers don't fit the winter theme of this card, I remembered my snowflake punch and added the punches and bling in all the corners. Of course the pink snowflakes remind me of "The Cat and the Hat". Oh well.

Challenges this card meets:
Charisma Cards - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Sketch
Delightful Challenges - Make it Sparkle
Oldie but Goodie - Pink and Girlie
One Stop Craft - Snowflakes in September
Paper Jewels - Friendship

11 comments:

  1. I agree a cup of coffee with a friend is great. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I really love the outline you did with the stickles :) Thanks for playing along at Paper Jewels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! This is so cute. I love the edges of the frame. So cute.
    Hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, Thanks for joining us at Oldie but A goodie this fortnight and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card love the image. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful card with this adorable image! thanks for joining us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, fab colours
    Thanks for joining our 2nd challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Love how you frosted the edges of the image, another item for me to add to my shopping list (roll eyes), it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. and thanks for joining in with us on the Oldie but a Goddie blog too!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete