Friday, October 15, 2010

Fairy Wishes for a Friend



I've been playing with my Sweet Pea stamps again. Coloured several so I hope to have more cards soon. I should be playing with my new images but I just keep reaching for "Red Hearts." The funny part is, I love to colour her in blues, greens and purples. I haven't coloured her in red yet. Maybe that should be my next attempt. She's coloured with prismas. I love the softer effect of prismas on these cards. I also find the prismas easier to blend for greater depth than Copics but that just may be my bias.

The flowers were made with my Tim Holtz die and the fabric from one of DH's old shirts. He's lost a lot of weight this year and all his beautiful dress shirts don't fit anymore. I couldn't bear to throw them away so while looking the other way, I took my fabric scissors to them. Probably not the safest way to do it, but hey, I love the colours.


Challenges this card meets:
Craftalicious - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Fairy Tales
Crazy for Challenges - Birthday Card
Cupcake Crafts - Scary Creatures (You do not want to deal with angry fairies!)
Delightful Challenges - Metal Mania (Brads)
Simon Says Stamp - 3 embellishments (homemade flowers, ribbon, glitter), 2 DP, 1 image
Sweet Pea Stampers - Brads or Bows (Brads)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christine
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have my first "Christine Original Art". Red Hearts by Sweet Pea Stamps done by you of course!
    Thanks so much for the delightful mail day here in South Dakota Christine.
    I am delighted by your art and humbled by your talent.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Christine :-) The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect ,,, :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers!! I love the easel card!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the glitter accents on the wings! Pretty colors too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have coloured her with your prismas she looks enchanting. Thanks for sharing with us at SPS hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sweet Pea Stampers.xxx

    ReplyDelete