Monday, December 6, 2010

Wishing for Snow


Can you tell I'm wishing for snow? It's just a couple of degrees too warm here but the mountains, literally 20 minutes from my house are gorgeous right now. I want a snow walk!

This card is really a combination of the last two that I made. I took the layout of Let it Snow and the same sentiment but made it into a shaker card like my previous one. I'm still trying to use up some leftover Ezmount. I may have one more shaker out of it. We'll see how inspired I feel...

I tend to like images of snow, snowflakes, and snowmen since these images can be used all winter rather than just as Christmas cards. I can sometimes be a bit late with my Christmas cards but since I tend to write personal letters with them all rather than a form letter, I refuse to feel guilty. Fifty letters take a long time, especially after writing report cards.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Joan's Gardens - Card using only Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies
Bizzy Bec's - Christmas
Cards For Men - Christmas
Corrosive Challenge - Red and White
Mark's Finest Papers - Red and Green
Pear Tree Designs - Winter Wonderland
Stamp Something - Christmas Colours
Tuesday Throwdown - Embellish It (with Microbeads)

13 comments:

  1. Hi Christine well I suspect your wish will probably come true its certainly been snowing over here in the UK. Fabulous card,thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very nice & simple!

    Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love your color combinations!

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Garden's #25 Weekly Challenge. I hope you join us each week.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really clever design!! LOVE the snow and the colors on this are brilliant! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Fabulous shaker card!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.The image really lends itself to a shaker.Well thought out design.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. o I just wish to have a white christmas but dont think that will ever happen here in australia!!! Totally loving your shaker card and that paper is divine!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's for our Christmas challenge.
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. Love your background paper with all those wonderful snow flakes. Simple but a beautiful card,. Thanks for playing with use at Cards for Men. Hope you had a chance to stop at all the blogs to leave a comment. Lots of wonderful prizes to win. Good luck.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the shaker element! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Great idea to do winter cards too, rather than just focus on Christmas, often mine get out a little late too :-) I like the shaker feature, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful shaker card,love the sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete