Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flowers for Mom


This card is for For Fun Challenges Mother's Day Challenge (or use flowers). There is still plenty of time to enter, you have until Tuesday here on the Wet Coast to enter. The sponsor this week is

The Paper Shelter has some really adorable images. I just loved this one of the little girl. Unfortunately, I managed to get some red ink on her knees just after I had finished colouring her and didn't want to scrap it so I improvised a bit. I think it would have been better if I had the sentiment strip in a colour going across the whole bottom of the card but you live and learn. Mistakes are just design opportunities. The DP was DS's choice - very springy. I don't normally like yellow but it seems to work well here. I just wish the image didn't look like a late Easter egg. My mom will still enjoy it though.

Additional Challenges this card meets:
Sentimental Sunday - Anything Goes
Colour Create - Aqua, Green, Purple White (and I added a little yellow)
Crafty Catz - Use a Sentiment
Crazy 4 Challenges - Use flowers
Creative Card Crew - For Mom
Delightful Sketches - Mother's Day
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Pear Tree Designs - Free for All
Stamp Something - Digi Day

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, very sweet, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image and gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Christine,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable! What a fantastic image. Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes! challenge on Sentimental Sundays. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the sunny, yellow DP you used.

    Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Christine, don't be so hard on yourself! Fab cover up job - I would never have known, there is no sign of an easter egg and I love the fun bright colours and very sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling!
    Thank you for joining us this week for our anniversary challenge. Don't forget the blog hop-opportunity for a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous !!! so pretty nad that image is fab too!
    Thanks for joining colour Create
    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful image! Very pretty card for Mothers Day :)

    Thanks for joining us at Colour Create.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete