Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh La La


Today we are making tags at For Fun, either by themselves or used on cards.  I was at Michael's and was shocked by the cost of manilla tags so I carefully noted the sizes and cut some of my card stock to fit from my scrap pile.  I'm so looking forward to making more of these!

Our sponsor this week is The Paper Shelter and I used this adorable circus image.  She reminded me of my younger sister who is a dancer.  I decided to decorate the tag with dew drops to match the marquee lights you might see outside a show.  This is the first time I've ever used a pre-coloured image.  Love the different colours - I have a limited Copic collection so this was not a possible combo for me.  I admit that I felt I was cheating though, it was so easy!  I just love the idea of pre coloured digi stamps for kids cards and those who don't appreciate handmade cards.  

I do hope you'll join us this week!

4 comments:

  1. Love the tag you made (I thought of her as more burlesque than circus, but I can see the ringmaster thing, too, now that you mention it.) Purple and turquoise together is one of my very favorites and I love how you used the gems, especially the one on the end of her cane. See you back at For Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put a gem on the end of her wand. Cute!
    Hope life slows down and gets less hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally rocked this challenge! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty tag! Love that it's so colorful-and a great fit for your digi! Love the rhinestones! --Katy (Guess Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete