Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Candy Cane Wishes


Are you tired of Christmas Cards yet?  I pulled out a bunch of random images, tags and embellishments and put them out on my craft table to inspire me to use them.  This was another tag that I saved from several years ago.  It's had to see but I stamped the snow banks by outlining them in Broken China.  I just masked using a bit of torn copy paper to get the effect.  About half way up the card I started blending Broken China with Tumbled Glass and then the top third is blended with Stormy Sky.  I love the effect, very wintery.  The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farm's Christmas Expressions.  I couldn't find a small pom-pom to hide the hole  at the top so I curled up a bit of red pipe cleaner and hot glue gunned it on top.  

Challenges this Card Meets:
Mark's Finest Papers - Recycle a Christmas Card.  (I used a tag, hope this counts.)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Santa's Gone into Hiding
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Fab'n'Funky - Winter
CASology - Winter
Creative Card Crew - Snow and Ice

17 comments:

  1. Love the pipe cleaner idea! Great for recycling old craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of seeing Christmas cards and this is another beauty for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your lovely cards soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a jolly chap!

    Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our snow and ice challenge

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine - thank you for joining me at Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge this week - I wish you the best in winning - I like you snowman! I have a weakness for snowmen! Come back to the challenge next week too! Gail Scott DT Speedy Fox and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a sweet scene...I love the effect of the various distress inks, so wintry and pretty! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always save all the cute Christmas tags too. I love to re use them to make cards. your card is too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very sweet snowman, love your background. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to upcycle! I love the sparkly snowman! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute and fun Christmas card. Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun you are having with recycling and also making some really awesome cards. Thanks, for joining us in the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific card. How clever you are to recycle and to use a pipe cleaner for your pom pom.

    Thanks for joining our ice and snow challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag card is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like he's floating away on a happy winter day. Cheers for up cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous inking and that snowman is adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card, I love the sky and snowbanks you created, those colors make a beautiful sky! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful upcycled card! Well done! Thanks for joining us at CHNC. Hugs Fiona x

    ReplyDelete