Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Praying for You


This was one of those cards where I was a little disappointed with the end result.  I wanted to do a sketch challenge that included using white, black and silver and saw this uninked stamp from Paper Makeup in my stash.  The doily was out on my table and it fit so perfectly.  They layout required a fancy border for which I don't have many so I tried to make ruffled ribbon and loved the look in isolation.   I would totally try that technique again.  Unfortunately, the black is just too heavy for this card.  It would have been so much nicer in a soft colour.  Light green maybe?  The card should have worked.  Any other time I would have loved how the DP matched the scrolls on the sentiment but right now it just seems off.  I was even able to change the layout of the sentiment to fit on the tag.  Don't you just love clear stamps?    They're so easy to centre.  I love that about the Mark's Finest Paper sentiments.  Oh well, sympathy cards can be difficult and at least I'm not trying to do this when I'm upset.  I'll add it to my stash to be donated to charity.  I'm sure someone will appreciate being able to give a loved one a homemade card when they are going though a difficult time.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Speedy TV's Sketch with a Twist - Black, White and Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment