Monday, April 22, 2013

Pirates of the Caribbean




It's now been a full week since the party and I desperately needed to get my DS's thank you cards out.  I know, I should of had them made before the party but who's that organized.  We were away all weekend so I needed something quick and easy.  DH shook his head at me and said they didn't look like they'd been quick.  Luckily I found these wooden shapes in my stash.  The DP is all from on sheet of paper that I had bought when the LSS was having a closing for renovation sale.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Base layers are Not Quite Navy and Vintage Violet.  The matting is all Bravo Burgundy.  The bling is anything I could find that somewhat matched in my stash.  The layout idea came from SpeedyTV's Sketch with a Twist.  Of course, I missed the deadline for submission.  Oh well.  I have 8 made.  My favourite is the pirate ship one by far and then the treasure ship.  I will need to make about 5 more but will need a new idea since I'm out of shapes.  I can write the notes tomorrow during my breaks and get DS to sign them after school.  They'll be out by Tuesday.

Now, if I can just get those invitations blogged that I liked so much...

Challenges these Cards Meet:
The Craft Room Challenge - So Sentimental

No comments:

Post a Comment