Friday, April 19, 2013

Walk the Plank



I survived hosting another birthday party for another year.  DS wanted a pirate party so this is what I chose to make as a cake.  I got the idea from a cake book from the Australian Women's Home Weekly.  I used a 13 x 15 inch pyrax to make a large sheet cake.  Once it cooled, I cut in half length-wise and stacked them.  I then cut off the back third.  Those became the top parts of my cake.  I then cut triangles off one end to make a bow.  The whole thing was iced with chocolate icing.  I used chocolate waffers for the plank and the railings.  Barbeque skewers are the mast and  I simply cut paper to make the sails.  I even found a Lego guy to walk the plank!  The candles on the side are used as cannons and if you look below, they looked fantastic lit.


DS was very happy and it tasted so much better than a store bought cake.  It wasn't even that difficult to make.  Best of all, no special pans or equipment.  All in all, it was a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment