Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wrap Up the Present


This card set off a flurry of purging in my craft area.  I know I have some very pretty paper with hexagons on it and for the life of me, I couldn't find it.  I was so determined I opened the hutch of pitch and toss.  Good news, I found a Spellbinders set that I haven't seen in over a year that I sorely missed.  Of course, I still can't use it.  Grrr.  But no 6 x6 pad of DP with hexagons.  Hmmm.  I then went scouring through every sheet of DP I own for something with hexagons and was in luck!  I have a total of one sheet that I had really bought for the pattern on the other side.  Even my snowflake paper looked more square than hexagon!

I really enjoyed making this card for this week's Sketch with a Twist (hexagons) but I will admit I looked at the sketch and got creative and didn't realize until I went to take a photo that the proportions are off.  The present is paper-pieced and the image is from the new release, Presents and the sentiment is from Birthday Mini.  What I really liked about the Presents set it it also has a smaller image of the present that I stamped on the inside of the card and the envelope to tie it all together.



2 comments:

  1. No die cutting machine yet? Arg!! You are making beautiful cards without it though :-) I like the paper you found to use here, and this is a bright and cheery birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you no machine still :( I love your card and it is so cool we both used orange this week without know it. Sorry it took me so long to comment on your card. This last week was so crazy!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete