Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Blues


I'm on a scrap happy mood.  The blue panel has been in my scrap pile for over two years, just waiting for the perfect card.  The base was in the scrap pile, the flower paper was from DS's birth announcement.  The brads were a gift from the LSS owner for having found her car when it was stolen 4 years ago.  Yes, I am a craft supply hoarder.  I am not quite ready to find the cure...

I rotated this week's Sketch with a Twist layout to fit my panel.  The twist is to use background stamps. I used two from Background Fun.  The basket weave is on my base and I quite like how the cracked one looks on the flowers.  Normally this stamp is much more delicate but I had just over re-inked my ink pad and it was a bit blotchy.  Luckily on such small pieces, it looked quite cool.

I normally don't make flowers because the cards can't go through the mail but I really liked how these turned out.  I may have to do a few more of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment