Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Flowers and Sympathy


I am so happy how this turned out.  The card is for this week's Simple Salutations to make a sympathy card. I chose to use the flower image from Lots of Words and masked it and stamped it three times in a decreasing pattern in order to get the large bunch.  Simple images can be so flexible.  I can see myself doing this again.  The sentiment is from the same set.  It's hard to see here but I also used a very pale blue to outline the flowers to give them a sense of shadow.

I am also very excited to submit this to the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge to repeat the same image more than once.  I always find one-layer cards to be a bit of an extra challenge, hence why I ended finally dumping my pile of white card scrap in the recycling this weekend.  It was taking over my dining room!



No comments:

Post a Comment