Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School... Please!


This week's Sketch with a Twist is to make a card for back to school.  I so wish we were going back to school here in B.C.  I miss my students.  We are currently on strike to have the government honour contract clauses that were stripped illegally from our contracts.  It went to court twice and the government lost both court cases!  If you are interested in learning more about the history of the teacher labour dispute here in B.C., I recommend you reading this article by The Tyee.

For my card, I chose a thank you card only because I often need cards at the beginning of the year for parents and former students that help me set up my room.  I don't know what I'd do without their help.

The apple shape is a Spellbinders Shapeability.  The sentiment is my favourite from MFP's Hydrangea set.  I know there looks like a there is a halo effect around the sentiment but it's not there in real life.  I'm not sure what happened.  The DP is a simple purple inter-lined pattern.  It looked very stark so I handwrote the class subjects in.

I hope everyone has a happy and smooth transition into the new school year.


1 comment:

  1. I hope the strike gets resolved soon so you can get back to the classroom and your students. Your card is lovely! Your handwritten background is perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete