Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Soccer Star


This week's Simple Salutations was another stretch for me.  Emily is helping me get out of my creative rut and think outside the box, which is part of the reason I love entering challenges.  This week we are to "Play Ball" and make cards featuring ball sports.  My DS plays soccer and I make all the coach, assistant coach and manager cards for the year.  This year I'm getting a head start.  Love how it turned out.  Time consuming but very easy, visually effective and it used lots of scraps.  My kind of card.  The soccer ball was made using my small hexagon punch and leaving small gaps to show my grey card base.  Once all the hexagons were taped down, I cut out my circles from my base.  I then scored a fold line on the back card base and taped that down to the front so there is no visible fold line or flat edge on the front of the card.  The sentiment is from the Tiger set.  I love the ability to position clear stamps.  It's a long straight sentiment but I was able to ink one word, clean my stamp and then stamp the second to make it up and down.  Can't wait to see everyone else's take on this card.

On another note, for those that read my blog, I am so very happy to announce that a tentative agreement between the teachers' union and the government has been reached.  The ratification vote is on Thursday and I'm very much hoping to be with my class on Monday.  YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment