Sunday, June 3, 2018

Peace and Joy



My Stampin' Up catalogue came yesterday and I had a great time looking over it.  Last year I'd seen someone that made themselves a challenge to try to remake items from the catalogue using what they had in their stash and I thought it might be fun to try this myself.  I really wish I could find the thread on Splitcoast from last year because it was great.  I admit that I'm not one to do a straight remake.  I'm not so good at following rules so I took it more as inspiration piece.

My first choice was the card on the top of page 97.  I started with some Pink Paisley DP from their Merry and Bright pack.  Instead of Christmas Pines, I used the retired Peaceful Wishes set and stamped it in Old Olive and Meadow Moss (left over from the last time it was in the catalogue!)  The pinecones were stamped in Distress Oxide, which I don't like as much because I think I lost some of the details.  The ribbon came off a Lindt Chocolate bunny.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts Christmas Insides and I used Spellbinders Labels 4 instead of the Everyday Labels punch.  I then changed the background to Real Red to give me that magic 3 number.  I didn't even notice the lace on the card until I was posting here so I left that off.  All in all, I'm really happy with my recreation.

No comments:

Post a Comment