Monday, June 4, 2018

Orange You Glad It's Your Birthday


Here is Day 2 of my challenge to recreate items from the new Stampin' Up catalogue using items I have in my craft room.  This card is based on the lovely blue tag at the bottom left corner of the cover  of the catalogue.  I don't usually use tags so I changed mine to card.  I had to completely change the colour scheme because I am not a ribbon person.  This orange ribbon was the only thin ribbon I could find at the time.  I know I have some pink and white somewhere but I couldn't find it for the life of me.  It doesn't really matter since my brother's favourite colour is orange so he'll be happy to receive this later in the year,  I swapped out the punch and sentiment from the Darling Label Punch Box and used retired Stampin' Up's Love Labels with the coordinating punch in Tangerine Twist.  It was mounted on coordinating cardstock.  I didn't have any orange pearls so I coloured some rhinestones with a Copic.  Don't ask me why but the men in my family feel that rhinestones are masculine but pearls are not.  They like sparkles on their card.  The paper is a cheap dollar store DP mounted on Gina K.'s luxury white.  I quite like how this turned out.  Jury is still out whether I need more ribbon. However, if you want a quick project to make lots of tags, it's great and could be used as a quick gift if made into a set.  I still really like the labels but I can hold out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment