Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Blue Thank Yous


I'm on Day 3 of recreating cards from the Stampin' Up catalogue.  Okay, I'll be honest, this was not my most successful recreation but I appreciate when people show their meh work as well as their best.  We can't be rock stars all the time!

This card is from the bottom of page five and is not my usual style at all.  It's way more fussy than I am comfortable with and I think it shows.  I didn't have any lovely Coastal Cabana so I substituted Tempting Turquoise, which I think is just too bright for this card.  I couldn't find my swish stamp from Sheltering Tree.  I know it's in there somewhere but lost polymer stamps are impossible to find! I substituted with raindrops figuring I would at least go with a nature theme.  The tag is from some cheap dollar store DP.  The stamped image is a very old one from Stamping Bella that I directly coloured.  I think my Tempting Turquoise marker's ink is going slightly off.  Has that happened to anyone?  The markers are very old.  The sentiment is an old Sale-abration set.  Once again, I had to go on an archeology hunt to find some ribbon for this card.

All in all, it was fun to try something different and I used two stamps that I hadn't touched in at least five years.  So despite the way it looks, maybe it was a marginal success.

No comments:

Post a Comment